Senior Quantity Surveyor – Student Accommodation – Client Side (MC)
My client is a leading Student accommodation business with a significant national portfolio.
As a result of continued growth and development they require a Senior Quantity Surveyor to enable the continued expansion of the business.
This is a newly created role supporting our Head of Commercial across a range of projects nationally, The work is varied and fast paced, and will include: feasibility estimates alongside external consultants on the new developments, utilising and ensuring our current refurbishment framework is effectively running, contract administration and management (JCT & NEC), de-risking projects through involvement in tender documentation, value engineering, cost plan due diligence.
Cost monitoring will play a large portion of the role and ensuring contracts are correctly finalised, including the closure of all variations, in line with the specific contractual time-frame and ensuring budget is maintained will be key to this role.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Provide cost input into refurb and new development and refurbishment appraisals.
- Monitor cost plans - highlighting potential risk and value add drivers
- Utilise and critique the existing refurbishment framework, in line with benchmarked costings and programme information
- Update the cost database for use in current and future project forecasting
- Ensure contract variations are identified, valued and agreed with the contractors in a timely manner and in line with the specific construction contract(s)
- Drive best value in all commercial relationships
- Seek opportunities for adding value to current and future projects
- You will be highly numerate and analytical, with a commercial mindset.
- Demonstrating strong time management skills, with the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously with a track record of dealing with complex matters.
- Commercially aware, you will be confident dealing with a wide range of people, possess excellent communication skills .
This is a fantastic opportunity with a diverse forward thinking business.