During these unprecedented times we are pleased to announce a new instruction with one of our longstanding contacts. Our client has instructed us to search for a Property Director to work on an exciting property portfolio of c.£350m, which is invested in various locations in the UK. The investment strategy of the business is to maximise the value of the assets through planning and development: redeveloping and repurposing existing properties, increasing density, improving rental and lease income and constructing new-build assets appropriate for their location. The strategy is to focus on locations with potential for regeneration and redevelopment with high demand for office, residential, retail and mixed-use developments. Historically favoured locations include the London region, Brighton, Oxford, Bristol and Cambridge. Assets in the London region will have values up to £100m, and those in the regions £20m - £30m, keeping the right amount of liquidity in the portfolio. The portfolio has unlimited growth potential as the fund grows in value, profits are re-invested for future acquisitions and funds are also available for further purchases and developments. A key feature of the property portfolio is that there is zero debt, with no borrowing requirements creating an agile workplace for an individual with an entrepreneurial edge!
- You will be expected to have significant experience in the key three areas of Investment, Development and Asset Management.
- Oversee the master-planning, procurement and build out of current and anticipated developments.
- Ensuring successful transaction execution: site purchase, legal agreements, S106 agreements, forward-sale, pre-letting and funding agreements as appropriate.
- Developing renovation plans for the portfolio and new income-producing assets and assisting in sourcing and appraisal of new investment and development opportunities.
Experience, qualifications and skills
- A proven real estate development background with a track record of delivering from acquisition to completion of large and sophisticated development projects within the UK on time and to budget. Ideally you will have an understanding of construction delivery as well.
- Professionally qualified Property Director with a minimum of 12 years experience.
If you feel that you would like to be considered for this post please forward your most current CV to Jamie Williams by clicking the Apply button or contact on T: 0207 318 1778. All direct and third party applications will be forward for review by Macdonald & Company.