Junior Asset Manager - Multi-Let Commercial Portfolio
Hands on Asset Management role working for an established and acquisitive UK focused Fund. They have a nationwide commercial property portfolio and a very well respected and experienced team, and now need to further expand by bringing on a junior Asset Manager to come up through the ranks. The portfolio is weighted towards multi-let Industrial, and they are experts at driving value from assets from the bottom up.
Their ideal candidate must be MRICS, with 0 – 3 years PQE and will most likely come from an advisory side firm, with a strong passion for moving into Asset Management. Preferred backgrounds include Commercial Property Management, with some Agency and / or Vals and L&T. They would also look at clientside Asset Managers who want to join a larger and busier team. Candidates need to understand how to really drive value from a portfolio, from the bottom up and take and asset by asset approach. The role will involve driving lettings campaigns, negotiating and re-gearing leases, liaising closely with tenants, implementing and delivering refurbishment projects and also working both autonomously and as part of an integrated team. They offer a fun and fast paced environment, and quite a lot of responsibility from an early stage in your career as you’ll be given your own portfolio to look after.
- MRICS and ideally 0-3 years PQE
- Commercial acumen
- Working knowledge of Landlord and Tenant legislation
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Dedicated work ethic
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Ability to deliver value-add across a variety of real estate asset classes
- Articulate and numerate with good analytical skills
- Motivated with rigorous attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment and can juggle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Previous asset management experience is not essential
- Experience in managing tenants