Head of Technical - Modular Buildings - Suffolk
Excellent opportunity for an experienced Head of Technical to work for a fast-growing innovative off-site construction company.
This is an opportunity to join a reputable and innovative business and be part of its continuous success. Due to the ongoing growth, this company is currently looking to expand its delivery capability with the appointment of a Head of Technical.
As a member of the company’s Technical team, you will be responsible for managing multi-disciplinary Technical, Design, Planning and Engineering teams, to deliver safe, sustainable, and coordinated projects to an agreed scope, programme, and budget.
- Management of all technical services, including all technical, engineering, and architectural aspects of the business from land acquisition through to site completions and final adoptions.
- Ensure the technical team are fully resourced and well directed with a clear understanding of their own job responsibilities and that they are supported in achieving these with appropriate training and development and the organisation of the department’s workload.
- Manage the pre-construction process, producing technical design solutions that maximise the potential returns from the development by ensuring all technical problems are effectively addressed.
- Ensure adherence to current regulations, identify and promote products or building practices that will cost effectively achieve these.
- Ensure timely production of working drawings, site engineering and technical details to allow the build programmes and overall strategic programmes to be met.
- Undertake the role of Principal Designer under CDM regulations ensuring that sites can be safely built and managed by the Construction team.
- Manage the provision of statutory services for the development, ensuring timely connections in line with build programmes.
- Manage the adoption of roads and sewers, ensuring timely adoption and release of bonds.
- Work effectively as part of the senior management team and take a “whole company” perspective to managing issues.
An ideal candidate has experience in managing Technical department, leading multiple projects from conception to completion across varied sectors and methods of construction. He/she will also possess:
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of a construction project
- Construction qualifications desirable (RIBA, Meng, RICS etc.)
- Track record of success managing a Technical/Engineering Team
- Thorough knowledge of BOPAS and NHBC accreditations as well as fire safety etc
- Experience being the number one Technical Lead on various residential, commercial, and education projects.
- Strong commercial and communication skills; liaising with clients, consultants and various pre-construction & construction teams
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please contact Anna Gromadzka in confidence at 0207 970 9789 or email firstname.lastname@example.org