Senior Surveyor/Associate Director - Property AssetManagement - W1
Senior Surveyor/Associate Director - Property & Asset Management - W1 - Up to £50,000 with a car allowance and benefits
My client is looking to strengthen their Commercial Property & Asset Management team. The London based role will involve working on a commercial portfolio through Central London. This opportunity is offering up to £50,000 with a car allowance and benefits.
• Ensure all properties within the portfolio are managed effectively and efficiently and ensure value is maximised, and voids kept to a minimum.
• Advise clients on and oversee the documentation of licences to alter, underlet, assign, and wayleave agreements.
• Work alongside the Facilities Management Team to oversee day to day maintenance matters including contracted and cyclical maintenance.
• Take responsibility for the collection of rents and service charges, including assistance with pre and post quarter day credit control as required.
• Ensure service charge budgets are realistically set and adhered to, managed and reported accordingly.
• Implement a programme of regular site visits to ensure all buildings are in good order and that records of such inspections are kept and followed up.
• Ensure insurance claims are being processed efficiently and correctly.
• Chair quarterly tenant meetings and effectively circulate information and communicate regularly with tenant’s concerning management issues.
• Assist the accounting team with end of year service charge reconciliations in line with the RICS best practice and clients KPI’s together with tenant and client reporting.
• Head up project management of major internal and external works along with relevant professional consultants.
• Ensure fees are issued as and when appropriate for works excluded from the management contract.
• Prepare ad hoc reports including formal client reporting as required for issue to internal and external parties;
• Ensure data, e-mails and client files are updated and all other duties and responsibilities are executed to the industry’s ‘Best Practice Standards’ at all times.
• Identification and execution of asset management opportunities to drive value via lease re-structuring, refurbishment or redevelopment
• Managing lease events and appointed advisors to protect or improve value and/or income:
o Expiries – renewals, re-gears, dilapidations, re-letting, 54 Act renewals
o Rent review – re-gears, RPI linked increase, turnover rents
o Break options – service of notice, receipting notice, re-gearing lease
• Assisting with Preparation of business plans and implementation
• Identifying and managing property and portfolio risk
• Appointment and management of both internal and third-party professional teams / advisors
• Direct client reporting and liaison
• Coordination of budgets, forecasts and analysis to support advice and decision making
• Maintaining an oversight to ensure property management service accords with the wider property and fund strategy
• Reviewing, issuing and approval of service charge budgets and reconciliations
• Management of rent and service charge raising as well as tenant arrears in co-ordination with accounts team.
• To support junior colleagues in their management of properties
• To support junior colleagues with their ambitions to become qualified and experienced
• To work with the Partners to:
o Encourage initiatives that will benefit the firm, colleagues, clients and stakeholders
o Review policies and introduce new or different policies to ensure the firm is up to date with the latest standards
o Propose paths to implement the above