Corporate Property and Estates Manager
This is an exciting time to join Wakefield Council’s Corporate Landlord Team and influence the direction of the management of its Assets.
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced Chartered surveyor for the role of Corporate Property and Estates Manager to oversee the proactive management of our Estate. With over 1665 assets ranging from our commercial portfolio to our operational estate, the role is diverse and extremely stimulating. We have made significant progress in embedding our Asset Management Plan across the organisation which means we are able to fully understand the long term vision on how our land, buildings and estates can work effectively to help realise our vision of the Wakefield district being a place where people thrive, businesses succeed and visitors are welcome. In addition we are actively involved in delivering developments to support our recent Towns Fund bid across the district, are embedded in transformational projects to respond to our accommodation needs and engaged in actively managing our commercial estate to ensure value for money.
With the right blend of positive-energy, skills and experience in both property management and a public sector environment, you’ll work well under pressure and be highly resilient. As an excellent communicator, you will also have exceptional organisation, budgetary and planning skills and the ability to engage with colleagues at every level.
Requirements for the job include:
- Providing a wide range of professional guidance on complex property issues within the Council.
- Overseeing the day-to-day management of our portfolio including disposals, acquisitions and management
- Ensuring work is planned effectively to achieve required outcomes within agreed deadlines
- Working with internal and external key stakeholders to ensure decisions are made with regard to the management of and investment in the Council’s property and assets
- Overseeing the management of the property management aspects of our 10 year Partnership contract with ENGIE.
- Building and managing effective relationships particularly with other service areas and Elected Members to assist with their own property driven plans and strategies.
This vacancy is suitable as a secondment opportunity from other Local Authorities but please speak to your line manager to seek agreement if this is the basis of your application.
This vacancy is open ended. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once sufficient suitable applications have been received. It is advisable to apply early to avoid disappointment as applications will be assessed on a regular basis.
Wakefield Council is wholly committed to ensuring children and vulnerable adults are fully supported and safe. We are dedicated to the safeguarding of all children and vulnerable adults whilst promoting their welfare. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this responsibility.
To apply for this role please click the 'apply' button today.