If you have an RICS-accredited or property-related degree and want a varied and interesting job that will grow with you, how about joining our award-winning waste management and quarrying business? As Assistant Surveyor, you will support the five-strong Estates team that manages Grundon’s large and diverse property portfolio, including industrial, agricultural, residential, leisure and commercial assets. You will join our Beenham office, near Reading, on a permanent full-time contract and earn a competitive salary and good benefits, including:
- Company car (you must live or be willing to relocate to within a 40-mile radius of Beenham)
- Pension scheme – you contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one)
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period)
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms)
About the Assistant Surveyor role
As Assistant Surveyor, you will gain a breadth of experience that is unmatched! Supported by the experienced and approachable team, you will deal with all aspects of Estates, including land and property management, meeting with contractors (for example, a tree planter or fence repairer), visiting a potential new site, talking to a prospective tenant about renting land, in the office agreeing new tenancy agreements – no two days are the same in this role! Your duties will include:
- Helping to create value-added development opportunities from the portfolio.
- Rent reviews, and assisting with the management of leases and licences.
- Managing contractors and consultants undertaking work.
What we’re looking for in our Assistant Surveyor
- A degree in surveying or other property qualification.
- You are working towards RICS qualification (we will support and put you through the Assessment of Professional Competence (APC)).
- Entry-level experience in, or working knowledge of, property management.
- Ideally, entry-level experience of construction, farming, minerals or waste.
- Effective communicator with strong organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Full UK driving licence.
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week, 9am-5.30pm, Mon-Fri (flexibility required).
Grow with Grundon
In 2020, we were recognised as one of the UK's top performing private companies when we were ranked in the prestigious Sunday Times PwC Top Track 250 league table for the second year running. This is a fantastic opportunity to join the Grundon success story as Assistant Surveyor and help to secure the company’s future growth. Click apply, below. No agencies please.
Please note: We interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible.
To apply for this role, please click the 'apply' button today.