Regional Property Surveyor - Client-Side Leisure (MC)
My client is a leading licensed leisure operator with a large national portfolio.
They require a regional Building/Project surveyor to manage a broad portfolio of pubs within a defined geographic region in the North West / Yorkshire
This is a great opportunity to join a quality operator, who have continued to expand and develop throughout the pandemic.
- As an experienced Retail/Leisure surveyor you will be responsible for all property maintenance and capital projects within a defined region
- This includes budgeting, specification and supervision of works, extracting value for money from contractors and ensuring that the highest standards are achieved.
Day to Day activities:
- Carry out a regular inspection programme, prepare condition reports and make appropriate proposals for work as necessary.
- Responsibility for preparing annual and long-term budgets. Budgetary control and scheduling workloads across the year in liaison with the building operators.
- Identify and achieve efficient proactive solutions to maintenance issues.
- Project manage refurbishment projects to the highest standard.
- Minimising closures, controlling work as effectively and as economically as possible, taking opportunities to address other building issues as part of projects.
- Preparing schedules of dilapidations and negotiation with respect of subsequent works.
What we’re looking for:
- To succeed in this challenging role, you will possess a relevant construction qualification and have experience of managing programmes and budgets.
- As a field-based surveyor, you will be comfortable working with remote supervision / support infrastructure. You will possess a commercial approach, strong negotiation skills and the ability to work within very tight time constraints.
Ideally you will have Retail / Leisure experience.