Planning Manager – Award-Winning Residential Led Developments
Excellent opportunity to join an award-winning residential developer and play an important role in the organisation’s ongoing growth.
Dorchester Living is the Housebuilding arm of Dorchester Regeneration, and was founded in 2013 to deliver housing from one of the groups Strategic Sites at Heyford Park.
Dorchester Regeneration have experience in the development of high-end housing in London, and it is through this experience that Dorchester Living was established. Dorchester Living is committed to delivering high quality, bespoke schemes with a particular emphasis on the regeneration of brownfield sites. As a private company, the team at Dorchester are able to take a long-term view of the places they create, enabling them to create not just homes, but entire communities.
Across the business Dorchester employ over 100 people and have a project pipeline GDV of well in excess of £2 billion across 2000 acres of development land, including 500 retained residential units and around 10,000 projected new homes. Careful consideration has been put in to the make-up of the senior management team and advisory board, which has unrivalled experience of delivering large scale developments. This includes directors with in-house expertise covering finance, planning, procurement, strategic infrastructure, civil engineering, housebuilding, commercial lettings, property management, community infrastructure management, and sales & marketing.
The purpose of the role:
Reporting to the Development Director, the Planning Manager will hold responsibility and accountability for managing projects from identifying new development opportunities and local plan promotion to securing planning permission for residential led developments of varying scales and complexity.
To enable the effective submission of planning proposals, appeals and monitor the progression of the Dorchester portfolio through the planning system.
Oversee the day to day management of major projects and advise on strategy.
- Manage projects from sketch pre-applications right up to planning approval, clearing s106 and conditions.
- Ensure that development sites are brought forward through the planning system and result in consent.
- Manage planning submissions and instruct and guide on the preparation of planning applications, discharging of conditions, reserved matters applications.
- Appoint and manage consultants and design team.
- Co-ordinate and prepare public consultations and political engagement work.
- Negotiate with the Local Authority and statutory consultees; present to Parish Councils and planning committee.
- Strategic planning - including the identification of suitable sites and the preparation of local plan representations and Neighbourhood Plans;
- Initial site and planning appraisals against policy for potential development opportunities.
- Negotiation of 106 agreements associated with applications.
- Overall responsibility for keeping up to date relevant condition/s106 trackers for the funders.
- Provide detailed planning advice and formulate strategies for the successful delivery of development projects throughout Oxfordshire and the South;
- General research of planning policy, planning guidance and legislation; ongoing review of planning policy and impact on current and future sites.
- Assisting with and contributing towards general business development on behalf of the Company.
- The successful candidate will have a proven track record in submission/ processing of planning applications and appeals.
- Chartered member of the RTPI
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working either for a residential developer, local authority (including RP) or a multi-disciplinary consultancy and a full understanding of the Land and Planning process.
- Engaging and self-motivated team player who is able to work under their own initiatives, often working to tight deadlines to achieve results.
- Broad range of experience in all aspects of planning
- Experience working on planning applications for major residential developments
- Able to manage planning applications from first sketch up to planning committee decision and with a feel for viable good quality design, using analytical skills to achieve the best possible solutions.
- Full driving licence
- Computer literate
- Excellent communication skills
- Commercially focussed
- Ambitious and driven
- Strategic mind-set
- Detailed oriented.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please contact me in confidence at email@example.com
Apply for Planning Manager – Award-Winning Residential Led Developments
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly