Retail General Manager –London – Circa £60,000
My Client - An international property consultancy are looking for a General Manager to be based on a fast paced Retail Centre in London. The successful candidate will oversee the day to day operations across the site, including staff/contractor management, overseeing project works & management of budgets.
- To ensure Health & Safety standards are met, including risk management
- To ensure that all tenants and contractors follow the centre’s health and safety procedures
- Provide leadership and a customer focused approach to all aspects of management
- Lead all on-site teams to proactively deliver excellence in operational and customer service standards.
- Regularly liaise with store managers to build strong relationships and develop a partnership approach to improving sales performance.
- Control, manage and monitor the delivery of all services within pre-agreed budgets, seeking efficiencies where possible adhering to the procurement policy. Supervise the site team in delivery of this as appropriate.
- Be accountable for service charge budgeting, mid-year forecasting and year-end reconciliation, liaising as appropriate with management surveyors and accountants.
- Maintain an overview of compliance systems (Meridian, KSCs, Service Charge timetable) and report regularly on compliance.
- Be accountable for delivery of the company operational Key Service Commitments, delegating responsibility for completion where necessary.
- Ensure all equipment on site is kept serviceable and fully maintained in line with Manufacturers recommendations
- Ensure the HSE policy is implemented and that all on-site staff are aware of their responsibilities and duties.
- Ensure all emergency procedures and business continuity plans are regularly reviewed updated and rehearsed.
- Provide Duty Management to the centre and train other relevant personnel so that the centre is always supervised by a suitably trained person.
- Work with procurement for the procurement and delivery of all hard and soft services, materials and equipment
- Ensuring the centre is always fit for purpose and managed to customer expectations
- Ensuring the centre’s sustainability strategy is adhered to and green credentials are further developed
- Liaison with the centre owner, managing agent, tenants, contractors, suppliers, site staff and others as required
- Ensure compliance with the RICS Code of Practice in management of the service charge budget expenditure codes
- The desire to continue with self-development to complete additional training and certification beneficial to the role
- Previous experience of shopping centre management and technical operations at a senior level.
- Retail industry awareness.
- Demonstrate operational management experience and experience of people management.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of colleagues, stakeholders and service partners.
- Customer focused and passionate about delivering high standards.
- Budgeting experience and financial responsibility.
- Experience in managing large teams and smaller sub-teams.
Apply for General Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly