Short Let Manager
We are looking for a Short-Let Manager to join our busy team in our Mayfair office, managing approximately 120 luxury apartments in Prime central London for London’s largest private landlord.
The role will include overseeing and running the office and managing our growing team to ensure our property portfolio and reputation is maintained to an exemplary standard.
The position is full time, five days a week, plus sometimes evening, and weekend work if as required.
The role is varied and will involve liaising with the portfolio owner, Head of Lettings, Building managers, Online Travel Agents’(OTA) account managers, payment processing companies, revenue management platforms, Property Management Systems (PMS), unit tenants, and other RL associates who are all involved with the successful letting of apartments.
You will be the front line of the business, helping to expand and grow the department. The candidate should be / have:
- Worked in a serviced apartment capacity for an operator.
- Worked in online accommodation sales.
- Be prolific in online bookings.
- Worked in a Residential letting’s environment in central London.
- An avid team player and is confident in managing a growing team.
- Passionate about real estate, residential and hospitality
- Able to demonstrate experience in a lettings/hotel environment with portfolio management and operations, scheduling of property management, landlord/Client/key stakeholder liaison.
- Maintaining long term relationships through appropriate communication mediums and methods.
- Capable of organising large volumes of work for themselves and the team with detailed procedures.
- Able to multi-task, work to tight deadlines and produce high quality work under pressure.
- Confident in making decisions and effectively communicating with different levels of management.
- Proficient organisational and planning skills.
- Professional, driven team worker who takes ownership for portfolio and staff.
- Able to innovate and identify improvements to the service offered.
- Essential skill set level of MS Office Applications – Excel
- Knowledge and experience of PMS’, OTA’s Channel Managers and Payment Processors.
- Able to solve problems and complex challenges.
- A driving Licence. Desirable is a clean licence. Essential is a licence with no more than 3 penalty points.
Key Responsibilities include:
Managing the team
- Leading and motivating the existing team to ensure all roles are completed correctly, efficiently, and safely and jobs completed to the best of their ability.
- Ensuring every check in each day has been communicated with and the guest is informed of all information.
- Managing a weekly meeting for updates and relaying information from the CEO.
- Make sure the team are following the correct check in and out policies.
- Comply with lone working policy.
- Managing all properties moving between short and long let
- Ensuring properties are well maintained and repairs are carried out correctly by overseeing the teams work daily.
- Ensure Building Managers are kept informed of all changes in the apartments/building.
- Carry out spot check inspections of properties where appropriate.
- Oversee the schedule of cleaners as required and manage their invoicing and changing costs.
- Oversee the schedule of maintenance and other services as required, sign off invoicing.
Enquiries and Bookings
- To answer enquiries from online platforms, building managers, repeat tenants, mobile phone, emails, and the office line.
- Reviewing property applications - vet each new tenant, and ensure they are aware of all house rules, that they have completed all necessary paperwork and instructions to manage them during their stay.
- To convert enquiries to bookings where possible, manage the administration and relevant correspondence (Guesty, SLA, invoice, financial tracker) and deal with payments / collections.
- Ensure all due diligence is done for all bookings managed – ID retained, SLA signed, and payment made prior to check in.
- Maintain detailed accurate records on the company tabs booking system and elsewhere as required.
- Ensure all details are passed to the check-in assistant to liaise with the check-in.
- To ensure smooth check-ins, where all building managers and security are aware, and guests are fully informed.
- Evening and weekend guest communication and managing cleaners and maintenance.
- Point of contact outside of hours for all OTA’s.
- Managing and advising on itemising damage for deposit deductions.
- To liaise with the lettings team in response to demand - assigning extra units to the Short-let team or handing them back to the long-let team.
- Constantly liaising with the Head of Lettings to ensure the whole portfolio is utilised to its full potential.
- Ongoing over views of the Short-Let Portfolio, adjusting pricing weekly/bi-weekly via PriceLabs.
- Build and maintain relationships with all OTA’s, accommodation solution providers and holiday letting agents to maximise portfolio occupancy.
- Ensuring all complaints are dealt with promptly to maintain relationships and maintain our performance on OTAs.
- Ensuring the department is always updated with the OTAs’ integration tools by direct marketing strategies on the platforms, and amenities are kept up to date.
- Work with marketing for any additional marketing streams/materials we can utilise.
- Keep a track of London events taking place for price adjustments.
Integration and Marketing Management
- Ensuring we always have up to date pictures, floorplans, and amenities for each unit/building.
- Onboarding of all properties onto OTA’s and linking into the PMS and pricing tool.
- Onboarding and delisting properties in the PMS and pushing out to OTAs.
- Trouble shooting of issues created via the OTSs/PMS/Pricing tool.
- Weekly updates with all OTA Account Managers.
- Strategizing which OTAs/GDS suit which properties.
- Look for new advertising opportunities.
- Weekly financial tracking via an Occupancy report.
- Collate an Excel spreadsheet of bookings data – collected from our PMS and internal Excel financial data.
- Providing an overview of the previous week’s occupancy.
- Reviewing and signing off all invoicing generated.
- To ensure that Residential Land is represented in a positive and professional manner to customers, enquirers, suppliers, visitors, and any other person who you may come into contact within the office or elsewhere on the company’s business.
- Strategy meetings with the CEO & Head of Lettings
- To participate in management, Sales, and any other meetings within the company.
- Keep up to date with Short Let news and changing legislation.
To apply for this role, please click the 'apply' button now.
Apply for Short Let Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly