A leading developer of residential-led mixed-use schemes, with a passion for creating successful and sustainable places to live is seeking an experienced Senior Development Manager to join their team, to manage a really exciting 6 acre mixed-use scheme in the London Borough of Southwark.
You will be given the opportunity to start right at the beginning, from master planning through to obtaining consent with support of a team. There will be a huge amount of community consultation and stakeholder engagement with this scheme, so any previous experience working on complex and political sites will be highly favourable.
The role will involve everything from managing and being responsible for all aspects of the planning and overall design development process on a newly acquired site, with respect to all planning and development matters though all phases of the project. This will include compilation of a commercially viable planning application, grant of all relevant consents, pre-start obligations, conditions, and other third party consents, alongside stakeholder and community engagement and other associated site strategies.
- Taking ownership of the project, lead the design team and manage the design development of a high quality proposal, identifying areas to optimise value.
- Prepare, execute and manage appointments and fee budgets with relevant professional consultants. Manage consultant budgets and be responsible for approving invoices.
- Ensure the planning process is strategically managed with clarity and purpose. Monitor, negotiate and advance the planning application, reporting progress regularly and resolving planning issues in order to achieve approval.
- Arrange and meet the LPA to discuss any planning matters, having thoroughly considered strategy with senior team members, and negotiate and agree any associated pre-application or planning performance agreement fees as required.
- Manage the preparation and submission of a formal planning application and the production of presentation material for planning committees.
- Negotiate, track and manage all conditions, s106 obligations, required s96a/s73/RMA applications and other site-wide strategies to successful resolution.
- As and when required, seek and negotiate any necessary planning amendments, variations or additional consents deriving from changes in production or business strategy.
- Manage consultation with councillors, local residents, amenity groups and other statutory bodies, implementing strategies to enhance third party relationships.
- Attend meetings with local residents and respond to ongoing queries/complaints.
- Lead design team meetings and workshops and ensure agendas, minutes and actions are managed effectively.
- Work closely with the Finance Managers to ensure appraisal assumptions are continually up to date.
- Coordinate internal departments (Technical, Commercial, Production, H&S, Sales and Finance) to ensure an effective and efficient interface between departments to ensure buildability and saleability of the end product.
- Own, regularly update and report to the business on planning programmes and project risks.
- Manage any other third party property matters (e.g. Rights of Light).
- MRTPI, MRICS or RIBA Qualified.
- At least 6 years post qualification experience.
- Client side experience is essential.
- Residential and mixed use development experience required.
- Solid knowledge of the planning system, process and policies is essential.
- IT skills including memo writing and use and understanding of excel financial models.
Competitive salary, car allowance, benefits and bonuses
Lucie Gray on Lucie@kdhassociates.co.uk