Park Avenue are currently looking for an experienced Service Manager within Property and Assets for one our Local Authority clients in Oxfordshire.
The role will be based around providing effective leadership and management of the Property and Assets teams at the Council.
Summary of duties in the role
- Working closely with heads of service to help create and embed the necessary changes in culture and practice to meet the needs of both councils
- Assisting the head of service in the strategic management of your service area
- Attending and actively participating in senior management team (SMT) meetings and events to help each council in meeting their objectives and ensuring that a corporate and co-ordinated approach is adopted and maintained in the provision of all services
- Assisting the head of service to prepare and deliver the annual service plan which aligns with both councils' corporate strategies, objectives and priorities.
- Day to day management of the asset and property teams
What you need
- RICS qualified surveyor, with proven post qualification experience
- Experience of asset management, investment and operational portfolio management
- Good knowledge of property law, statutory frameworks and guidelines
Benefits and Perks
- 33 days annual leave per annum, plus bank holidays and time off between Christmas and New Year
- Salary pay awards
- A generous career average pension scheme which includes life insurance of three times your salary
- Free office parking available
- Childcare voucher scheme
- The opportunity to purchase a bike through the tax efficient Cyclescheme
- A salary sacrifice car lease scheme - a fully inclusive driving package for a fixed monthly cost
- Various schemes to keep you healthy (reduced gym membership, free swims, contributory medical schemes, wellbeing appointments, free eye tests for DSE users, after work sports clubs and more)
What to do now
If you would like any further details about this position, please contact Ben at Park Avenue Recruitment.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
We do not advertise all of our vacancies, especially if we have suitable candidates in mind to undertake the work we get in. To get the best chance at securing the perfect contract for you, let us know your preferences and we will be happy to call you when we find a position that you may be interested in