Block Manager - West End, London
Up to £40K basic plus annual discretionary bonus and other benefits
We have a superb opportunity to join one of the highly recognised property companies in the residential world to be based in their Central London HQ. Our client is seeking an exceptional individual to join their team and you will have unrivalled training and opportunity to progress should be successful.
The Residential Management team consists of several sectors and this role is within the Block Management department.. This specific role is to focus attention on buildings in Central and SW London, which require a dedicated daily management service. We are looking for a candidate with drive and growth potential whom the business can grow around, who will be supported by the more experienced members of the team.
The successful candidate will be joining an established team within the property management department. Focusing on residential service charge management of a high profile residential portfolio, working closely with the Client Relationship Managers and Regional Facilities Managers to deliver a complete asset management service to a number of clients.
They will have proven residential block management experience, be client facing and looking to build on their residential asset and property management experience including service charges. A good team player is imperative to this role, as is the ability to build relationships with lessee’s, residents associations and clients. In addition we require candidates to have previous experience of working in a busy environment and be able to provide a high level of service to, and establish rapport with, clients, leaseholders and colleagues.
- Ensure delivery of Property Management Services in accordance with Management Agreements and having regard to Industry Best Practice.
- Service Charge block management of a number of mixed use buildings.
- Service charge budget management of blocks. This includes setting of annual budgets and agreement of budgets with clients and leaseholders.
- Lessee notification and S.20 consultation with lessee’s regarding major works contracts.
- Ensure that Health and Safety compliance is adhered to by the Regional Facilities Managers and Building Managers.
- Management of site staff including carrying out annual appraisals within the timescales given and conduct regular one to one’s.
- Act as 2nd reviewer for expenditure invoices.
- Be a point for escalation for leaseholder queries and more complex issues.
- Review on a weekly basis open maintenance jobs and ensure these are closed out in accordance with KPI’s.
- Quarterly financial reporting.
- Quarterly site visit with Regional Facilities Managers.
- Environmental performance reporting.
- Cross sell the skills and services of the other divisions to existing and potential clients.
- Attendance at client and residents meetings (may be outside of business hours).
- Oversee insurance claims and ensure they are completed in a timely manner.
- Assist with consultancy pieces.
- Set up and mobilisation of new sites as and when required.
- Assistance with new business pitches.
Skills, Knowledge And Experience:
- 2-4 years experience in a similar role as an absolute minimum
- AIRPM or equivalent industry recognised qualification preferred
- Proven residential service charge block management experience
- Intermediate Microsoft Office knowledge
- Excellent communicator and client relationship skills
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Strong commercial awareness
- Excellent attention to detail skills
- Good financial skills
- Good team player
If you feel that this position is the next step up and challenge that you are looking for call Roger Hawthorn today on 0207 048 3304 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.