Our client is a family office, dealing with both UK and overseas real estate investment and development opportunities across commercial, residential and alternative sectors. They are responsible for all parts of the investment process from origination and arrangement of finance through to asset or development management and finally disposal.
Their Asset Management team is the life-blood of their business; they have a detailed and enthusiastic approach to managing their assets and managing their broader consulting teams is what drives the value.
We are now looking for an experienced Asset Manager to join the team who will have specific responsibility for retail assets. A central part of this role will be a newly-acquired retail centre with exciting opportunities, you will be given opportunities to work across the varied portfolio.
You will lead the day-to-day management of assets and will be responsible for delivering the business plan. Our client is a lean and agile team, and welcome a candidate who shares their commitment to excellence as well as their broader commercial and social values.
You can expect a lot of responsibility from day-one with the comfort of familiar faces in the office to bounce ideas off. This role is an excellent opportunity for a detailed, hands-on individual who takes pride in the performance of their assets and can utilise their relevant experience to deliver a meaningful contribution to the business.
A key focus will be developing, analysing, and implementing value-add asset management strategies including refurbishments, lease renewals and regears. Including cultivating tenant interest, undertaking viewings, negotiating commercial heads of terms, and liaising with solicitors.
- A minimum of 3-8 years’ experience of retail-centre asset management.
- RICS qualification preferable but not essential.
- Take pride in the performance of the assets which you manage, a commitment to excellence is essential.
- A pro-active candidate who will take initiative to accelerate progress rather than passively waiting for other stakeholders to deliver.
- Ability to develop strong relationships, with experience of managing teams and employees.
- Minimum 2:1 undergraduate degree preferable but not essential.
- Candidate must be numerate and familiar with MS Excel