Excellent opportunity for a Planner (RTPI qualified) ready for a fresh challenge or a Planning Manager /Head of Planning looking to take the next step in their career within a leading residential developer.
Our client is an established, well-positioned and reputable business with a long-standing history of investing in residential development opportunities that bring value to the local communities. Their vision is to continue to grow building on their success, focusing on continuously enhancing the value creation and the quality of delivery.
They offer excellent progression and development opportunities as well as various incentive plans.
The Planning Manager / Head of Planning will hold responsibility and accountability for managing projects from identifying new development opportunities and local plan promotion to securing planning permission for residential developments of varying scales and complexity.
To enable the effective submission of planning proposals, appeals and monitor the progression of the company’s portfolio through the planning system.
Oversee the day-to-day management of major projects and advise on strategy.
- Manage planning submissions and instruct and guide on the preparation of planning applications, discharging of conditions, reserved matters applications.
- Manage projects from sketch pre-applications right up to planning approval, clearing s106 and conditions.
- Ensure that development sites are brought forward through the planning system and result in consent.
- Appoint and manage consultants and design team.
- Co-ordinate and prepare public consultations and political engagement work.
- Negotiate with the Local Authority and statutory consultees; present to Parish Councils and planning committee.
- Initial site and planning appraisals against policy for potential development opportunities.
- Negotiation of 106 agreements associated with applications.
- Overall responsibility for keeping up to date relevant condition/s106 trackers for the funders.
- Provide detailed planning advice and formulate strategies for the successful delivery of development projects throughout Norfolk.
- General research of planning policy, planning guidance and legislation; ongoing review of planning policy and impact on current and future sites.
- Assisting with and contributing towards general business development on behalf of the Company.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working for a residential developer as a Planner (RTPI qualified) or a Planning Manager
- Full understanding of the Land and Planning process.
- Proven track record in submission/ processing of planning applications and appeals.
- Chartered member of the RTPI
- Engaging and self-motivated team player who is able to work under their own initiatives, often working to tight deadlines to achieve results.
- Broad range of experience in all aspects of planning
- Experience working on planning applications for major residential developments
- Able to manage planning applications from first sketch up to planning committee decision and with a feel for viable good quality design, using analytical skills to achieve the best possible solutions.
- Full driving licence
- Computer literate
- Excellent communication skills
- Commercially focussed
- Ambitious and driven
- Strategic mind-set
- Detailed oriented.
To discuss this role in the strictest confidence please contact Anna Gromadzka, Consultant at psd Group on 0207 970 9789, or, to apply please forward your CV to email@example.com quoting reference PR/363358