£60k- £70k DOE
Cobalt are in collaboration with a leading provider of second and third year university accommodation in the UK. Our client offers stylish and contemporary properties with modern facilities in the best locations in 23 British cities. They are looking for a Project Manager to join the team who will be involved in the fit out of properties across the UK.
Our client acquires over 100 properties per year. Most properties require refurbishment. The successful candidate will specify the works required to repair properties and fit them out to highest standards, and manage contractors in the execution of those works, ensuring that projects are completed on time and on budget.
Scope of role-
- Specify works, based on an understanding of the properties gained from site visits and pre acquisition surveys.
- Understand HMO amenity standards and statutory compliance requirements to ensure that refurbished properties will comply with all relevant regulations.
- Establish relationships with new contractors.
- Work with our external advisors in the production of tender packs.
- Analyse returned tenders and value engineer where required.
- Work with the company's property maintenance teams to advise on larger reactive / proactive maintenance capex as required.
- Attend weekly site meetings at sites across the UK to monitor contractors progress against program and budget, working alongside both the company's Development Managers and an external Professional Team (quantity surveyor and project manager).
- Regularly report on project progress to the Development Team and senior management.
- Work with contractors to identify opportunities to accelerate works if projects fall behind program.
- Quality control of contractors works.
- Ensure the smooth handover of refurbished properties to our property management team.
We are looking for someone with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, high levels of commercial awareness, as well as good understanding of the property development process and residential property management. The capacity to apply initiative and work hard under pressure is essential.
If you feel this role would be right for you, please contact Grace Duffy on 020747 82523 or email email@example.com