As an award winning provider of business and property services, TDA makes a real difference to the lives of people living and working in the South West delivering innovative and practical programmes in areas including job and business creation.
Year on year we are successfully delivering high quality economic development, property and business services to a growing customer base across the South West.
Our company values are at the heart of everything we do, therefore we are looking to recruit someone who shares and demonstrates our values of empowerment, respect, integrity and adaptability.
The Principal Building Surveyor position is an important role within TDA Professional Services Team.
The key purpose of this role is to:
- To assist in the management and organisation of the workload in the Building Surveying Section in order to provide an efficient, economic and effective service.
- To successfully project manage schemes or developments undertaken by TDA, from inception through construction to completion so that they are delivered to the agreed specification, on time and within budget.
- To assist in increasing the turnover of TDA by helping to secure new clients and additional instructions from existing ones.
- Providing a full role in the complete range of Building Surveying and minor works project management duties.
The ideal candidate:
- Qualification in a related discipline e.g., BTEC HNC Building Surveying, or equivalent experience.
- ICT skills including using Microsoft packages, including Word and Excel.
- Skilled in the use of Autocad.
- Ability to effectively prioritise workload and work on a range of projects simultaneously.
- Ability to specify maintenance and minor works projects, including the role of designer and producing technical drawings
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the development business and property development issues.
- Ability to demonstrate detailed knowledge of current legislation and modern practices in Building Services Engineering, including HASAW & CDM regulations
- Up to date knowledge of Contract Law, Property Management, Basic procurement regulations/procedures, Risk logs.
- Knowledge of statutory issues that may be affected, or that may affect a development project.
- Working knowledge of Planning Regulations.
- Demonstrable track record of successful project delivery, and extensive project management experience.
- Experience of managing multiple projects with differing priorities.
As part of our commitment to making TDA a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive rewards and benefits package including:
- Salary £39,880 - £42,821 + £2,884 market supplement per annum
- 25 days paid holiday entitlement (plus bank holidays), increasing with length of service
- Great working environment with flexible hours
- A wide range of lifestyle discounts and health and wellbeing benefits
- Option to buy and sell annual leave
- Learning and development opportunities
- Company Pension scheme
For an informal discussion about the role please contact David Blanchard, Property Services Manager on 07824 499074.
Closing date: 4th October 2021
Interview date: 14th October 2021