Excellent opportunity to join a reputable established and award-winning property developer.
Reporting to the Technical Director, you will be responsible for controlling and coordinating all engineering information between external consultants and internal teams. You will ensure that all approvals are achieved and accurate information is obtained and issued to allow for a planned start on site. You will build a solid understanding of SHEQ policy. You will implement and adhere to SHEQ strategy and ensure that all employees reporting to you follow your example.
You will be involved in the design / technical design, land appraisal, product development, section agreement & adoption management, ensuring that all engineering drawings and details are accurate, correct and commercially sustainable.
You will oversee and ensure secure statutory body approval of Engineering Design and Ground Remediation.
You will participate in site visits and meetings, and ensure that any problems occurred during the construction process are resolved.
You will attend design meetings with highways and drainage departments to establish requirements from a council perspective for new developments.
- You will monitor and ensure that:
- New regulation requirements are anticipated and incorporated
- Site investigation information and engineering solutions are obtained
- Provisional assessment of abnormal design requirements is available
- Technical information is evaluated
- Value engineering solutions are provided
- The details of all adoption agreements are completed, approved and formalised
- Progress of the adoption of roads, sewers and public open space areas is monitored
- The reduction and release of outstanding Bonds at the earliest opportunity in achieved
- Adoption completions are achieved at the earliest opportunity
- Fee quotations from specialist consultants for all geo-technical, engineering design and technical report requirements is obtained
- Engineering and technical support to the site teams is provided
- Assistance to the Commercial team in cost plan completion with regard to engineering matters.
- Day to day running of the engineering section within the region is smooth
- Engineering products are developed.
- Built systems are researched and company is ready for legislation and market change.
The Ideal Candidate
You must have experience as an Engineering Manager working within a volume housebuilder or a consultancy working on large scale residential schemes. Experience managing engineering teams. Able to work in a fast-paced environment and comfortable working to tight deadlines.
Skills and abilities
First rate communication and influencing skills Highly organized and able to work under pressure Professional attitude and approach to work
Previous experience of building relationships with clients/customers IT skills including Microsoft packages (advanced knowledge)
- Leadership Skills
- Self motivated/Enthusiastic
- Flexible & adaptable
- Good verbal and written communicator
- Excellent organization skills Resilient
To discuss this role, in confidence, please contact Anna Gromadzka, Consultant at psd Group on email@example.com