Interviews for shortlisted candidates will take place on the afternoon of 12 October.
In April 2015 the Government established the Ebbsfleet Development Corporation (EDC), an Urban Development Corporation with development management planning powers to deliver a new Garden City at Ebbsfleet in North Kent.
Ebbsfleet Garden City; where London meets the Garden of England is an exciting new community of up to 15,000 homes and 30,000 jobs. The Garden City is focused around Ebbsfleet International Railway Station and also embraces the existing communities of Swanscombe, Northfleet, Greenhithe and the adjacent towns of Dartford and Gravesend.
The EDC is working collaboratively with public and private sector partners and local stakeholders, investing in forward funding infrastructure and unblocking and accelerating development at pace. The Garden City is gathering momentum and over 2,500 new homes have been completed. Strongly supported by Central Government the EDC’s Board has set out a vision for the first new Garden City for 100 years and the largest new town in 45 years. Further information can be accessed at https://ebbsfleetdc.org.uk/
The Corporation is now a significant landowner within the Garden City and is bringing forward exciting but complex regeneration proposals that will deliver high quality new neighbourhoods. Our role is to assemble land, obtain planning permission, commission infrastructure and enabling works and secure the involvement of developers to deliver the homes, jobs and community facilities required. The Corporation is now recruiting to the role of Senior Development Surveyor to support this work.
Senior Development Surveyor
To play a key role in the commercial property, land, development, planning and disposal aspects of complex property based regeneration projects within the Garden City with an initial focus on projects within the Northfleet area.
The role will provide commercial property, development, delivery and complex negotiation expertise throughout all stages of the development lifecycle, in order to drive forward the delivery of key projects.
The role may also provide commercial property support to other project managers across a range of other projects within the EDC Investment Programme as and when required.
The postholder will report to the Head of Development – Programme Areas.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management of identified regeneration projects, including at Grove Road and Northfleet Embankment West, through their development lifecycle (Business Case update, planning, land acquisition, CPO, through to Development Partner Procurement and land disposal.
- Management of and the negotiation of land and property interests, and where required the delivery of the CPO process.
- Provide commercial property and housing expertise into the formulation of development and disposal strategies.
- Management and coordination of external consultants across the development lifecycle with a specific focus on development delivery options, scheme viability testing, funding options and commercial deal structuring.
- Manage teams of external advisors and consultants including preparing briefs, budget control, providing day to day instruction and due diligence.
- Liaise with potential development partners and investors to encourage strong market interest in Ebbsfleet Garden City, and reflect market demand in future development and disposal strategies.
- Manage developer procurement and selection processes, and oversee and manage ongoing development implementation by third parties.
- Liaising with the Corporations Asset and Facilities Manager as required on matters associated with the sites. N.B.// The responsibilities of this role will not include day-to-day property management issues which are the responsibility of the Corporation’s Asset and Facilities Manager.
- Identification, negotiation and securing of income generating opportunities for the sites aligned with EDC objectives.
- Prepare advice and reports as required to Directors, Infrastructure and Investment Panel, Project Boards and EDC Board.
- Support the development of relevant Business Cases through EDC internal approval processes and MHCLG/HMT approvals.
- Manage and report on project level financial budgets; maintaining appropriate records and ensuring full transparency, liaising closely with the Programme Management function within the Projects Team.
Other Relevant Information:
The post holder should act flexibly and undertake other duties and responsibilities which may be relevant to the purpose of the job in support of wider organisational priorities.
To apply for this role, please click the 'apply' button today.