Leading UK developer of multi-occupancy, managed, residential properties with a particular focus on the student accommodation and build to rent sectors. They are highly experienced in delivering new developments, ranging from purpose built residential in the form of student accommodation and build to rent, commercial and retail units, and housing developments.
This role is to support the execution of the Group’s Divestment activities across BTR, PBSA, Co Living and other sectors the Group is involved with. The Divestment team sits within the wider Investment and Development, which comprise a blend of skillsets and experience including acquisitions, planning, technical and sales expertise. The Divestment team also operates the Asset Management function within the Group, and the Divestment Analyst will be responsible for supporting the Divestment Director in providing execution of the various asset management activities across the existing Group assets in order to maximise asset value and returns. The principal focus of the role is to support the team in the disposal of development assets in line with key targets and performance metrics.
Core Objectives – Specific Expectations of the Role
• Support the appraisal and acquisition process, by advising on investor demand in target locations.
Financial / commercial underwrite
• Lead on the divestment underwriting of pipeline opportunities
• Coordinate key commercial inputs from a divestment perspective
• Support the Divestment Director in providing input into market and asset liquidity and saleability
• Act as a mentor to the Divestment Analyst and support their development. Marketing and
• Support on the marketing of divestments, identifying and briefing potential bidders, confirming tender lists, managing the population of external data rooms, and coordinating responses to tender queries.
• Support the Divestment Director in maximising of asset value and net capital received for divestment sales.
• Support the Divestment Director in the sale and transaction process
• Lead on day-to-day aspects of the asset management of the Group’s existing residential and commercial assets (excl. Homes) with the support of the Divestment Director
• Responsibilities include:
- Collating and analysing the data for Rent Setting
- Supporting on new lease agreements
- Day to day liaison with tenants / managing agents /Landlords
• Supporting the Divestment Director to ensure group management responsibilities are executed & asset performance maximised
• Support the Divestment Director in producing reporting for projects at the divestment stage, monitoring performance against signed-off metrics.
• Lead on improving the quality and accuracy of MI for the Divestment team.
• Support the Group Investment Director in producing the monthly executive board reports
• Support the Divestment Director in securing Investment Committee approvals for divestment.
• Provide concise notes and populate monthly board report templates for review by the divestment Director.
• Assist Divestment Director and admin staff in agenda collation and minute taking for key meetings such as the Investment and Development meeting, new business meeting and weekly hub meetings.
• Engage, as required, with the acquisition hubs, external agents, lawyers and stakeholders such as Universities, clients, and internal support teams such as finance and FPG, as well as interacting ‘horizontally’ with other divestment team members to share knowledge and best practice etc.
• Showing an enthusiasm and desire to learn and increase professional knowledge and skillset, increasingly take the lead on projects.
• Attend relevant and appropriate planning, review and progress monitoring activities with all relevant stakeholders at the appropriate intervals throughout a programme.
• Maintain a network of contacts, key personnel and expertise through timely, measured and practical communications and engagements.
• Identify potential risks, issues, problems and other areas of concern along with plans and actions to mitigate risks and minimise disruption and delays