Our Client undertakes a wide range of rural estate, property management and professional rural advice working closely with colleagues in the National Estate Agency, Estates & Farms Agency and Forestry teams.
The role will focus on providing building surveying support to clients in relation to their rural assets including, agricultural, residential and small scale commercial property.
- Progression of a range of building projects including agricultural building replacement, silage pits, residential renovation and replacement, portfolio wide repair and maintenance;
- Ability to manage a portfolio of projects across Scotland, track and provide client updates;
- Technical support both to clients and members of the land management team;
- Ensuring achievement of delegated key client deliverables;
- Adherence to internal and client process and compliance standards.
- Scope to develop and lead the rural building surveying team in Scotland;
- Performing a key supporting role within a high performing team on principal instructions;
- Seeking opportunities to leverage skill and expertise to develop new business for the wider team within Scotland;
- Ensuring value for money and an informed long term specification for the client.
- Competent professional with experience of project management of a diverse range of rural asset projects, overseeing day-to-day management liaising with contractors and other consultants as required;
- Efficient and effective management to make best use of a wider consultancy team;
- Ability to undertake building condition surveys / assessments;
- Working effectively with internal and external specialist advisors;
- Ability to provide advice in relation to energy performance and measures;
- Understanding of building conservation to provide advice in relation to typical rural properties;
- Ability to prioritise workloads and work to high standards under pressure;
- Excellent communication skills capable of building and maintaining strong relationships with team members, other colleagues, clients and stakeholders
- A diligent and dependable approach to all professional work
- An entrepreneurial attitude with an aspiration to contribute to the growth and performance of the wider business.
- Relevant undergraduate/postgraduate degree or equivalent
- Preferably MRICS qualified with PQE
- Conservation Accreditation advantageous