Our Client is looking for an experienced professional to lead the Estates management team in Inverness. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced leader to deploy their knowledge and management capabilities, or a great opportunity for someone looking to take their first step into leadership after success in a senior surveying or associate position. They are looking for a leader who can build excellent relationships with clients, develop and manage their own workload whilst also managing, motivating and inspiring the team. The successful applicant will work alongside other partners and associates in Scotland to develop business across the region. The market leading Estate Management team has worked hard for many years to build a portfolio of high-profile rural clients.
Your main duties and responsibilities:
- Developing and maintaining a portfolio of management and professional instructions across all disciplines
- Drafting plans to satisfy instructions and agree them with clients.
- Consider business improvement strategies and other new areas of business for clients
- Dealing with instructions and report regularly to the clients and partners responsible.
- Identifying threats and opportunities
- Preparing and submitting SAF claim forms and other grant/subsidy claims e.g. SSSI management plans and AECS schemes.
- Preparing and submitting Injurious Affection and disturbances and other compensation claims.
Business Planning and Development
- Support existing clients to help develop business development skills.
- Understand the Firm's team and divisional business strategy, cross selling other divisions where appropriate.
- Develop a full understanding of and use of the Firm's contact database - manage existing and new contacts promoting and ensuring its use within the team.
- Target new prospects for new business.
- Implementation of the agreed business development plan
- Contribute to and support the delivery of local marketing and PR activities for the team in association with Marketing team
Internal Relationship Management
- To lead the team taking responsibility for the efficient delivery of key areas of the service, carrying out research where necessary and communicating the outcomes.
- Maintain an up to date understanding of other teams and divisions and the services they offer to support the identification of business opportunities.
- Support and deliver strategies for sharing clients and client intelligence across teams and divisions.
- Advise the Divisional Board from time to time on a range of professional matters.
- Act as a point of contact for others in the firm - and provide sound, accurate advice.
- Be accountable for sharing technical / professional knowledge with others within own discipline area.
- Form good working relationships with Business Support Services teams - HR, Finance, IT and Marketing
Client Relationship Management
- Project manage the day-to-day delivery of all client projects within the Inverness team, ensuring client's requirements are met within agreed timescales
- Develop contacts and business associations with peers, professional and potential clients in the region
- Maintain regular contact with clients to develop, improve and sustain long term relationships
- Contribute to the development of the Division as a whole, participating in promotion and business development.
- Provide regular financial and performance updates to senior management colleagues.
- Be aware and seek to reduce own and team aged debtors.
- Take responsibility for the profitability and management of instructions undertaken, particularly concentrating on time and efficiency of delivery of work.
- Extensive post qualification experience (relevant technical knowledge)
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining a portfolio of management and professional instructions
- Leadership and management experience
- Friendly and professional approach