Cobalt is delighted to be working on an exclusive basis with Kangaroo Self Storage to search for an Acquisitions and Development Manager as they enter an exciting and ambitious expansion programme.
Kangaroo Self Storage was founded in 2004 and now has 9 self-storage facilities across Scotland and the North West of England. They have an ambitious roll out plan and the successful candidate will be responsible for the identification and acquisition of a healthy pipeline of new sites.
Researching new sites across the UK, appraising, negotiating and delivering freehold acquisitions and assisting in the development of these sites through to opening completion are all key elements of the role. Ideally MRICS qualified, applicants must have a commercial real estate background, ideally with previous transactional experience. Expertise in relevant Planning legislation and a wide-ranging UK network of contacts will also be essential to be successful.
Initially working alongside the Property Director, applicants must be able to identify, appraise and deliver self-storage opportunities through M&A, conversion of existing buildings and new development working closely with the wider team and Management Contract partners.
In return a fantastic base salary and a performance related bonus is available. The role offers a hybrid and flexible working pattern with autonomy and progression with a fast growth company.
* MRICS qualification preferable but not essential
* Minimum of 2 years relevant experience
* Transactional experience with a track record of identifying opportunities including proactively securing off market sites
* Competent Excel modelling for budgeting, cash flow and site appraisals
* Understanding of valuation models and metrics
* Ability to research local markets in order to prepare and submit Board reports supporting acquisitions
* Excellent network of contacts or be able to demonstrate their ability to create networks
* Report to Board on a monthly basis reporting new opportunities and progress of purchases
* Reasonable common sense and able to demonstrate a practical knowledge of building design and project management.
* Knowledge of the planning system and building control preferable but not essential
* Ability to travel regularly throughout UK identifying potential sites and visiting existing sites / projects
* Coordinating with project managers and contractors on refurbishment and fit out work
Kangaroo's Head Office is based in Haddington, near Edinburgh and it is expected that employees are in the office a minimum of 2 days a week