Our ambitious plans to expand and reshape our portfolio of assets have created the opportunity for an enthusiastic Estates Surveyor to join our Strategic Land and Property Team.
The Strategic Land and Property team provides a full range of professional property advice and consultancy across the Council. This includes strategic advice on current and future property strategies, the planning and delivery of residential and commercial development and regeneration opportunities, property valuations, acquisitions and disposals, rent reviews, lease renewals, and estate management.
Whether your interest is in valuation, property management or development, you will have the opportunity to get involved in a variety of work and interesting and challenging property projects as we reshape our portfolio to meet the future needs of our service directorates and local communities.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Knowledge and experience of undertaking land and property valuations.
- Knowledge and comprehensive understanding of legislation relating to commercial land and property matters.
- A good knowledge of property acquisition and disposal processes and procedures.
- A good knowledge of the local and national property market with an understanding of key matters that affect local government.
- A track record that demonstrates initiative, independence and ability to negotiate with internal and external clients and key stakeholders on commercial property matters.
You will have:
- Degree in Estate Management or related subject.
- Professional Membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
- Have the knowledge and experience to be eligible for registration as an RICS Registered Valuer.
In return we offer a great working experience as part of a friendly, high performing team, where your contribution will be really valued as you help deliver our professional services. We also offer:
- A competitive package and opportunities for training and development equipping you for future opportunities.
- A range of flexible working options.
- Generous annual leave entitlements with the opportunity to purchase up to 10-days additional leave per year.
- A flexitime scheme with up to 24 days per year.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme – a 24 hour independent, free and confidential advice and support service.
- Family and carer friendly policies.
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Employee benefits including staff discounts, subsidised travel passes and Cycle 2 Work Scheme.
If you have a specific question regarding this post, please contact Ravi Gulliani, Senior Estates and Valuer Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or David Waterson, Property Development Manager, at email@example.com
Closing date: 22 May 2022.
Interviews will take place on 8th of 9th June 2022.
To apply for this role, please click the 'apply' button today.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
Solihull Council is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.