Head of Commercial
C.£85,000 (DOE) plus car, bonus and benefits
This is an outstanding opportunity to join an expanding developer, progressive team delivering high quality homes. This role would suit a Senior QS or Commercial Manager looking for the next step in their career or Head of Commercial looking for a fresh challenge. The opportunity will progress to Commercial Director in the short to medium term, depending on experience.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will support site development and the attainment of targets by ensuring/managing: commercial cost appraisals and viability/ feasibility analysis; the procurement of sub-contractors, materials and goods; the preparation and monitoring of site costs and budgets; and site set-up health and safety and including all technical, engineering and architectural aspects of the business from land acquisition through to site completions and final adoptions.
You will be expected to:
• Lead and take responsibility for achieving targets in relation to: accurate build cost assessments of potential acquisitions and acquired land; budget control throughout development; and cost overruns within tolerance levels
• Accurately costing and help in the preparation of budgets for each aspect of site development
• Manage the technical support systems to analyse and report on costs and cash flow vs budget
• Undertake accurate viability/feasibility studies to support decision-making in site acquisition and development
• Manage an effective system for the identification and procurement of sub-contractors, using Group Tender procedures where appropriate, and the procurement of goods and materials and designs
• Manage a payments system for the payment of sub-contractors, consultants and the supply of goods and materials in line with Group policy and procedures
• Ensure the Commercial team is fully resourced and well-directed, with clear guidelines to their own job responsibilities, and are provided with full support in achieving these, in terms of communication, training and development, and the organisation of the department's workload
You will have:
• A proven track record in similar role or at the level of Senior Quantity Surveyor or Commercial Manager
• A highly numerate individuals who is able to gather, interpret and present data to facilitate modelling for development
• Strong IT skills, COINS is beneficial, working knowledge of computer systems within the commercial environment, i.e. project management/payment and valuation software
• Experience of managing budgets/cost control, and planning, prioritising and organising work to meet targets
• Knowledge and Understanding of the major functions associated with a Technical Department and how they can impact on the on-site profitability and development
• Self-confident, decisive, resilient and able to thrive under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
• A lateral and innovative thinker, an original problem-solver
Please email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org