Liberum Capital Limited is a UK based independent investment bank with an “all cap” focus. Liberum is based in London and also has a wholly owned US subsidiary which provides access to the European markets for institutional investors based in North America. The principal activity of the Group is the provision of institutional and corporate stock broking services, focused on cash equities and investment banking.
The core activities are:
- Investment Banking – provides corporate finance, corporate broking and advisory services to public and private companies and closed end investment funds.
- Research, Sales and Execution - in large and mid-cap European equities, small cap UK equities and closed end investment funds listed on the London Stock Exchange or Euronext or traded on AIM. It also provides sales, trading and execution services in convertible bonds.
- Market Making – in small and mid-cap UK equities and closed end investment funds.
Liberum started trading in 2007 and has had 14 consecutive profitable years. We believe clients are looking for a more tailored service and we aim to be proactive and innovative in our approach and deal with clients responsibly and fairly.
As a business Liberum endeavours to hire and retain people of the highest calibre. The culture is one of a shared and collective responsibility and to this end the company is 100% employee owned
Purpose of the Role:
We are seeking an equity research analyst with excess of 5 years’ experience to join our highly rated Equity Research team. This role will involve drafting research commentaries, detailed reports and modelling company financials within the quoted UK Real Estate
This is an excellent opportunity for a bright, enthusiastic and driven individual to work alongside our existing sector team and write their own differentiated research. A relevant professional qualification (e.g. RICS, ACA or CFA preferred) is required and ideally would already be a publishing equity analyst, or experience thereof. Prior coverage of this sector from outside equity research is welcome - either from consultancies in the property sector or equivalent.
- Author research reports on coverage companies, including initiation reports on new companies and reports analysing financial results
- Financial modelling and data collection
- Contributing to responses to client requests
- Meeting with management teams of companies under coverage
- Interacting with the Equity Sales & Trading Teams on key ideas and sector themes
- Work closely with the Investment Banking team to provide research and analysis
- Internal: across Sales, Trading, Research and Investment Banking
- External: Investors and management teams
- Full-time, permanent contract
- Competitive salary + annual discretionary bonus
- 25 days holiday, increasing by one additional day each year, up to a maximum of 30 days
- Contributory pension scheme with employer matching, with Hargreaves Lansdown
- Comprehensive private medical and rewards scheme with Vitality
- Access to discounted gym memberships with Virgin, PureGym or Nuffield
- Group life insurance and income protection cover
- Access to staff discounts, car leasing and cycle to work schemes
- Access to mental health and wellbeing resources
- A great open plan working environment with a great team
- Involvement in the Company’s Charitable Foundation
Skills, Attributes and Credentials
- Clear understanding of the role and interest in the listed real estate sector
- Fully competent with Office Suite (advanced Excel)
- Financial modelling and accounting knowledge
- In excess of 5 years’ equity research experience or equivalent
- Flexible approach to tasks and workload
- Well organised, detail oriented and strong communication skills
- High degree of integrity
- Enthusiastic and energetic
- ACA or CFA qualified preferably