Acquisition Manager - Build to Rent (Regions)
GKR are working with a very motivated private investment office and BTR operator who focus on large developments between £50m-£500 GDV. With substantial financial backing an appetite to acquire a number of sites each year the business is looking for an Acquisition Manager to help develop pipeline in the North and other regions of the UK
The Acquisition Manager be responsible for identifying and acquiring sites on an unconsented and subject to planning basis in key Regional locations (Manchester, Birmingham, Bristol, etc.) for Build-to-Rent development. The applicant will need to be hands on, flexible and focused on procuring sites that meet our investment criteria and support the business growth aspirations.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Deal origination – Sourcing and negotiating development sites. A crucial aspect of this role will be to bring forward new sites for development.
- Relationship Management – To develop and maintain regular contact with land agents/owners within the area of operation.
- Pipeline & Contact Reporting – Monitor and report on the pipeline using the company pipeline management system.
- Investment appraisal – Filter opportunities and carry out investment appraisals. Prepare analysis (with the support of an Investment Associate and Research Analyst) on potential acquisitions, enabling a quick turnaround to establish whether the project meets investment criteria and should be progressed.
- Transaction execution – Project manage the due diligence and acquisition process from deal origination through to purchase completion.
- Team co-ordination – Co-ordination of planning, design, legal, financial, tax and other technical consultants.
- Programme management – Ensuring due diligence and acquisition timescales are met and purchase costs are kept tightly under control
Essential skills and qualifications:
- Experience in identifying, negotiating and managing real estate acquisitions;
- Extensive contact base within the real estate sector (ideally within the residential agency/development land space);
- Experience of managing real estate due diligence (financial, legal, technical, tax) for land acquisitions;
- Ability to build relationships with key stakeholders;
- Leader who can motivate multiple parties to deliver deals;
- Able to project manage a number of transactions simultaneously;
- Be diligent and thorough in all aspects of the work;
- Determined and hungry natural born deal maker;
- Degree qualified and ideally property related.
Salary - £50,000-£60,000 + 50% Bonus
For more information, please contact Grant Kaveney at GKR London.