Senior Development Manager – Central London
Our client, a boutique, award winning Investment and Development business is looking to hire an experienced Development Manager.
They are right up there with the best of the best in the sector being well funded and having designed, developed a few projects already.
This hire will play a integral part in the future plans over the next few years and will need to have a hands on approach, working in the development team and delivering super prime schemes.
Your role will involve:
- To client meetings and project meetings both internal and on site, and dealing with associated tasks and issues;
- Working to given time lines and handing over projects on time and within budget whilst achieving high quality finishes;
- Working with the all teams to achieve a strong and effective programme delivery control;
- Setting high standards in setting mile stones, project monitoring, risk management, issues log and reporting;
- Developing and maintaining a wide variety of effective working relationships and external contacts;
- Assisting in management and coordination of the design team, consultants and contractors etc;
- Working with, motivating and inspiring the design team, external consultants and contractors to achieve programme deadlines;
- Project managing multiple aspects of delivery, working with clients and key stakeholders to positive effect ;
- Liaising on all levels to ensure effective communication is maintained;
- Ensuring an efficient and effective delivery of development management process;
- Communicating effectively in all forms, including written reports and presentations to external and internal stakeholders;
- Management retain the right to re-deploy Project delivery skills to new projects, when secured
You will need to meet the following requirements:
- Degree level or above with a professional membership of recognised institute;
- A successful track record in project managing high-end residential and commercial sites;
- At least three years’ experience in high end residential as a Development Manager;
- Strong knowledge of construction process, building code, and safety codes;
- Experience of value engineering;
- Strong technical knowledge of modern construction techniques and methodologies;
- Must be an effective negotiator and enjoy problem solving
- Comprehensive understanding of project management principles and risk analysis skills
- Experience in dealing with standard forms of contract;
- Experience of dealing with internal and external consultants including legal teams and procurement;
- Proficient in reading drawings, specifications and knowledge of construction process;
- Must have proven risk assessment, monitoring and control skills with an understanding of delivering projects of scale
- Ability to think and work on both broad and longer term strategic initiatives, while also driving results on a detailed basis;
- Excellent prioritisation and organisational skills;
- Outgoing, resilient, confident, “can do” nature;
- Ability to work calmly and maturely when under pressure;
- Strong team ethic along with the ability to work independently;
- Strong Microsoft Office capabilities;
- Strong eye for detail and takes pride in delivering work of a high standard
- Strong ability to develop and build development programmes and comprehend construction programmes.
- Strong experience in monitoring development budgets, cashflow arrangements and project expenditure.
Package: Up to 90K Basic dependent on experience, bonuses and various other benefits
For more information and to explore this role further, please contact Grant Kaveney.