Senior Asset and Commercial Property Manager - £70,000
GKR London are exclusively working on an incredibly exciting opportunity to join a prestigious business in Prime Central London looking after a historic estate comprising of both Commercial (retail/offices/restaurants) & Residential properties.
The selected individual will proactively cover all areas of property management; delivering excellent customer service and optimising income whilst protecting and improving the long-term value and reputation of the Estate.
Responsible for managing and reporting on risk and compliance across the Estate:
- Work closely with the Head of AM, Head of FM and our outsourced H&S provider to ensure the Estate is continually maintained to a good standard to minimise health and safety risk, enhance customer service and create a desirable destination where people want to be.
- Work closely with the FM team to design and implement a planned preventative maintenance programme for internal communal areas, M&E and external decorations with the primary objective to maintain the Estate’s assets and upkeep the landlord’s lease obligations.
- Ensure statutory audits are undertaken, recorded and accounted for in the service charges for health & safety, fire, asbestos, water risk assessments etc.
- Manage Section 20 procedures for long term service contracts and major works (where applicable).
- Ensure all projects are communicated to relevant residential and commercial tenants in line with the RICS code of practice.
- Proof read and check lease information to ensure understanding, client interest and compliance.
- Coordinate and process licences to assign and LPE1 forms for long leasehold properties.
- Provide responses to CPSE enquiries on behalf of the commercial asset management team.
- Complete DEFs in respect of lease, service charge and estate charge for all lease events in a timely manner as set out in the company processes.
- Manage the Licence to Alter process for commercial and long leasehold customers on the Estate. Liaise with appointed consultants and ensure that the Licences are completed expeditiously and accurately.
- Keep abreast of (CPD) legal changes affecting property management, where relevant update internal processes to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Oversee annual gas safety inspections for residential properties, ensuring contracts are up- to-date and all relevant certification is filed correctly for quick reference.
- Oversee the insurance claims process, liaising with insurance brokers and where necessary, to assist with organising repair estimates and loss adjuster inspections.
- Produce regular timely reporting and relevant KPI’s that enable sound business decisions.
Responsible for financial accuracy and reporting:
- Draft, review and recommend service charge budgets for approval, to deadline with accuracy, transparency and in accordance to specified lease terms; attend service charge meetings, take minutes, and drive action.
- Work with the finance team to oversee the effective running of the service charge process in line with the RICS code of practice.
- Assist the finance and asset management departments in recovering relevant recharges and service charge arrears.
- Monitor and review repair quotes and tenders to ensure that costs are accounted for in financial forecasts and that they are recovered correctly with adequate notice to customers.
- Responsible for specific elements of the annual operating client budget, including input into the construction of the budget and regular review of spend and forecasting against the budget.
- Ensure regular reviews of service contracts to check they remain competitive and site specific are undertaken by the FM team.
- Contribute to the construction of the company cash flow forecast.
- Authorise and code supplier invoices.
Responsible for delivering excellent customer service to residents, colleagues and other stakeholders:
- Build strong productive working relations with others; effective networking and communication – keeping others up to date, responding to any requests in a timely fashion, and driving any concerns to resolution.
- Ensure projects and associated tasks are delivered safely, with minimum disturbance, on time and to budget.
Contribute to making the business/department a great place to work:
- Actively participate in meetings to add value; bring ideas and constructive feedback.
- Remain collaborative, supportive, and flexible; solution focused.
- Demonstrate our values and standards; consistently lead by example and respect others.
- Continually review PM processes, practices, filing systems etc. to ensure they are fit for purpose, efficient and in accordance with any compliance.
Accepts any other duties required outside this description that does not jeopardise the main role and fits within your knowledge and capability.
Experience & knowledge:
In order to be considered for this role, the right candidate will need to demonstrate:
- At least five years’ experience in a commercial property management role, with practical knowledge of residential for business continuity purposes including service charge setting and preparation (essential), working with long leaseholders (desirable), and producing section 20 consultation documents (desirable).
- That they have or are working towards a relevant property management qualification. IRPM/ARLA/RICS etc
- Strong commercial and financial acumen; able to translate and confidently interrogate and report on data and financials in the context of the business and sector.
- Experience of optimising and streamlining structures, systems, processes and policies.
- Strong verbal and written communication; good use of the English language
- Strong property management database/systems experience – preferably Horizon including inputting service charge budgets into Horizon
- Intermediate to advanced level of MS Office, including Excel, Word, Outlook and MS Teams
- That they are personable and credible with style and ethics that fit well with the company culture, values and approach to business; leads by example in adherence to company standards, policies and procedures.
- Confident and able to deliver, advise and make decisions on all areas of property management, including legal and best practice compliance, with minimal supervision; remains current and up to date.
- Personable, results driven, organised, resilient, self-motivated and resourceful; able to develop and strengthen given areas of responsibility by embracing change, technology and new opportunities.
- Proactively builds productive working relationships; excellent communicator, collaborator and service provider to colleagues, customers, contractors, suppliers and other key stakeholders.
In addition to a competitive salary this role is offered with an excellent list of additional benefits including 25 days holiday, private healthcare, pension up to 10% employer contribution, financial contribution to study and paid study leave and much more.
This position is one of significant importance within the business and the detailed job description reflects the necessary experience so if you feel that you have all the required knowledge and depth of understanding to undertake this role I would like to receive your CV.
Send CV and covering letter/email to email@example.com