Contracts Manager - Central London - 50K
My client, a leading, rapidly growing and innovative housing provider is looking for an experienced Contracts Manager to join their super friendly and collaborative team. You will work alongside the best in the sector in a varied and fast paced role and able to take full ownership of your role.
This company has grown strength to strength, has a fantastic culture where employees are able to bring ideas to the table, valued for their hard work and input and with clear routes for progression on offer.
You will need to get the best results out of others by openly communicating and influencing. You will be responsible for monitoring key KPI’s based on property management and services contracts with their key stakeholders. You will be personally responsible for this contract and reporting on the performance to the wider business.
The must haves:
- Have contract/client management experience
- An excellent eye for detail and the ability to organise your own workload.
- Ability to foster and create key relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Deadline driven and able to work in a super busy and fast-paced environment but always striving to deliver an excellent standard of service.
- The individual will primarily work within the contracts team but will be expected to work on some projects across the business such as process implementation, contact mobilisation and business improvement.
- Strategic thinker, resilient, self aware, able to take accountability and good analytical skills are paramount for this position.
- A team player.
- Confident dealing with external suppliers and clients.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Be prepared or have experience of implementing new processes
- Prepared to ask questions and offer ideas
- Prepared to operate outside the role as the business grows and scales
Key responsibilities include:
- To mobilise and manage contracts for the nationwide delivery of services to residents, ensuring robust monitoring and control systems to maintain our high service levels and compliance standards.
- To identify opportunities for working with providers across the country, identifying partnerships and holding commercial discussions on behalf of the business. Driving these discussions through to decisions about future providers.
- Lead the businesses housing and property management responsibilities through expert contract management of our providers, including contract mobilisation and procurement of all necessary activities to service our residents and their homes.
- Lead and implement the development of the systems and processes that enable the business to ensure all contracted providers are fulfilling the terms of their engagement.
- Provide information and assurance to the company's investors, Board, Exec and other key stakeholders about the performance of our contracted providers. This includes providing both regular and adhoc reports to a range of audiences.
- Be the lead internal person responsible for ensuring any area of service under performance is quickly identified and a remedy response implemented.
- Engage with our contracted providers to ensure they are delivering housing management in accordance with the contractual arrangements, and that services are delivered in a way which provide our residents with a high level of customer satisfaction as well as value for money.
- Play a leading role in understanding and evaluating the company's customer experience, which will be used to inform the contract management and continuous improvement of service delivery.
- Design and implement a robust quality control assurance approach which achieves the required oversight and insight into the operation of the company's services by our contracted providers.
- Actively identify and manage risk across the contracted providers to ensure that services are delivered in line with the customer services objectives and the risk appetite of the company's Board and Executive.
- Establish excellent working relationships across the company to help support the effective management of contracted providers, establishing a network of colleagues who will support the quality assurance approach.
- Take lead accountability for ensuring housing and property policy and procedures are effective and up to date, and being adhered to by contracted providers, testing this regularly through the quality assurance approach.
- Develop and oversee control systems to prevent or deal with business continuity and disaster recovery.
- Act as part of the company's Management Team to lead by example and provide leadership and direction across the business, working closely with colleagues to help the business thrive.
Qualifications/ technical knowledge:
A higher education qualification in a relevant industry (Project Management, Real Estate, Finance, Business, Maths, Economics etc) would be ideal or substantial relevant experience.
Knowledge of the housing sector and, an understanding of the risks and issues in procuring services alongside the statutory responsibilities of RP's. You are likely to have managed large or complex contracts within the sector, or in an affiliated sector, before.
Acting efficiently and pro-actively within defined decision-making processes and working to establish and then deliver to defined financial and performance parameters.
Up to £50,000 + Bonus.
Central London based - hybrid working.