Why should I consider this opportunity?
Bradford Estates is a landed estates business which has existed since 1066. The land ownership extends to circa 12,000 acres on the Shropshire and Staffordshire borders and used for regenerative farming, forestry, leisure, and commercial use, including real estate investment and development, principally proposals at Junction 3 M54 including 4 million sq ft of commercial space.
In addition to the commercial real estate on the estates, Bradford Estates owns 8 institutional, light industrial estates, all of which are income producing and currently asset managed, externally. The current MD to the estates, a commercial surveyor by background, has set out a strong, commercially robust strategy for Bradford Estates’ future real estate business which includes further investment and development, both on and off the main land holding. As part of that strategy, it has been decided to bring the strategic asset management in house and create this dynamic, new, and exciting role.
What will the role entail?
- Reporting into the MD, determining and delivering strategic asset management plans for each industrial asset to include lettings, renewals, refurbishments, and additional capex to deliver sustainability driven initiatives
- Identify alternative use opportunities from the diverse land and property holdings across the estates to deliver commercial revenue streams
- Preparation of board reports, forecasts and financial appraisals with a view to maximising performance from the portfolio
- Taking a pivotal role in the implementation of a suitable ESG policy for the real estate business
- Oversee the external managing agents to continuously deliver best in class property management services
What will make me successful in my application?
- You will be an accomplished MRICS property professional with experience gained across commercial asset management with a focus on driving portfolio performance
- You will have a creative and commercial approach to real estate and a proven track record in delivering revenue growth and capital appreciation via traditional and more entrepreneurial asset management strategies
- Experience within the industrials market is ideally required, however exposure across a broad range of asset classes would also be advantageous
- You will be looking to have a positive impact on this business at an exciting time in its evolution. Your appetite for impact must be complimented with strong values, a can-do attitude and an appropriate level of gravitas and communication skills given the seniority and wider environment of the post.
If you feel that this role is of interest and you would like to be considered, please contact our retained consultant, Julian Long at Foundation Recruitment.