Land Director – Residential Property Company
Northwest, UK – WFH options
Up to £100,000 basic salary plus benefits
“Why should I consider this opportunity?”
Our client is a well-established award-winning Residential Property Company, backed by Private Equity.
Due to growth, they are recruiting a Land Director to join their talented team and support with the continued expansion of their Build-to-Rent portfolio.
The company retain complete ownership of the exciting schemes and neighbourhoods they design and deliver, and they have an ambitious mandate (backed by Shareholders) to quadruple the existing portfolio of 1500 homes within the next 5 years.
There is a basic salary of up to £100,000, dependent on experience, along with a market leading benefits package which also includes an Electric Car Scheme.
Whilst this person will be required to have a presence in the Manchester HQ, our client operates a flexible, blended approach to home and office working.
“What will the role entail?”
Reporting to the Executive Director of Development and working closely with the CEO and Finance Director, the Land Director will be responsible for:
- Driving the investment and delivery strategy for new acquisitions within a primarily single-family home BtR strategy. Sourcing investment opportunities including new build development, forward funding and standing stock acquisitions. Pitching and presenting to the Board, Investment Committee and Shareholders, to provide context on investments and their impact on the overall portfolio. Championing brand, quality, target occupiers and ESG characteristics to build a strong portfolio. Providing strategy oversight of the value drivers in the BtR market. Playing a key role in debt financing. Management of an Investment Analyst and working closely with the Business Development Managers and Project Director.
“What will make me successful in my application?”
- A strong operational and financial management background as well as a well-developed understanding of key investment performance drivers.
- A track record of relevant residential investment and BtR experience. An existing network of property advisors and connections.
- The knowledge and gravitas to present to the Board, Investment Committee and Shareholders.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel with the ability to model from scratch.
- 5+ years in a similar role