Cobalt is delighted to be working on an exclusive basis with Kangaroo Self Storage to search for a Property Manager as they enter an exciting and ambitious expansion programme. Kangaroo Self Storage was founded in 2004 and now has 9 self-storage facilities across Scotland and the North West of England. They have an ambitious roll out plan and the successful candidate will be responsible for the smooth day-to-day running of the portfolio.
Previous Commercial Property Management or Administration experience is essential. Duties will include but are not limited to
* First point of contact in the department, supporting the Property Director dealing with all property related matters. * Keeping accurate records to prioritise maintenance work required - both reactive and proactive
* Co-ordinate maintenance, repairs and fit out programmes to the portfolio - liaising with contractors, obtaining quotes and ensuring all work is completed to an acceptable standard, in time and on budget.
* Ensure Health and Safety Regulations are implemented and up to date
* Coordinate Insurance claims and quotes across the portfolio.
* Maintain accurate financial records of budgeted and actual expenditure and costs
* Review competitor and potential sites - collect and analyse demographic data.
* Prepare weekly management report as well as conduct site visits as required.
This role requires excellent organisation skills with accurate data collection and time management. It will suit an ambitious property administrator with previous experience in the sector or an applicant who has previously held a similar role in house for another commercial real estate occupier. In return an attractive base salary and a performance related bonus is available. The role offers a hybrid and flexible working pattern with autonomy and progression with a fast growth company.
Kangaroo's Head Office is based in Haddington, near Edinburgh and the Property Manager will be a hybrid role although you will be expected to be at Head Office a couple of days a week and periodically be required to travel across all 10 stores.
Kangaroo Self Storage has partnered with Anne Roberts MRICS at Cobalt Recruitment to conduct the initial vetting and interview process with candidates. Please contact Cobalt directly with any further questions that you have regarding the role or recruitment process. All applications will be forwarded to Anne, and she can also be reached on 07488 821910.