Our client is a leading residential and commercial business operating across UK, currently seeking an experienced Senior Finance Manager with residential experience to undertake the aspects of managing regional team, supporting the business in delivering on its ambitious business plan. Other responsibilities will also include overseeing the regional finance function, assisting in the implementation and development of IT system, implementing financial controls and continuing to initiate and proactively drive change throughout the business with determination and focus.
Key responsibilities for the new Appointee will include:
- Direct line management and development of the regional finance team including - objective setting, recruitment and performance management. Work closely with the Finance Director/Commercial Director to establish a highly skilled, highly motivated team who consistently exceed performance expectations.
- Oversee the regional finance function with accountability for processes & controls.
- Ensure compliance with existing procedures and develop procedures that don’t currently exist. Continue to drive further improvements and challenge the status quo when potential enhancements are identified, Documentation of effective processes and controls, sharing best practices across the business Assist in the delivery of the core IT module. Deliver accurate and insightful outputs in a timely manner Work closely with the Finance Director/Commercial Director to continuously improve reporting covering all disciplines, Oversee all month end processes and develop management accounts reporting. Produce commentaries and supplementary analysis to support any variances to budget/forecast, Preparation of cashflow reporting including identification & quantification of potential risk & opportunity, Development of countdown reporting to track progress, inform the business and drive monthly/quarterly delivery. Key involvement in budgeting & forecasting. Develop the business plan and co-ordinate important inputs required from each department, Work closely with the Finance Director / Commercial Director to ensure the plan aligns to the Group’s strategic objectives, Assist the Finance Director with the financial modelling, ensuring that the key system data extracts are accurate and up to date. Active involvement in cost variation meetings. Monthly review of WIP & land spend commitment with the Commercial and Land teams.
- Collation of Quarterly Cost V Revenue (CVR’s) once agreed by Project teams to produce overall accounts for the Division. Management of the overhead budget. Work closely with the Commercial Director to identify, quantify, monitor and effectively manage risks & opportunities. Explanation and demonstration of the key budget outputs across the group. Primary contact for HR/payroll queries and allocations, Review of insurance renewal data Preparation/Review of balance sheet reconciliations.
Detailed understanding and interpretation of movements, Provide detailed supporting analysis, Swift identification and resolution of anomalies Primary contact for external audit queries.
The Successful Candidate will be/have:
- Qualified Accountant – ACA, ACCA, CIMA. Experience of working in the housebuilding/construction industry is preferred, however not essential Previous Staff Management High Proficiency in Excel Knowledge of COINS as an ERP system would be a bonus, however not essential.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a brand new business and be a part of forward-thinking team to drive the business growth.