PSD are currently retained to source an Interior Architectural Designer for a leading immersive minigolf business .
My client is on a mission to spread wonder. Our immersive mini golf destinations are like no other leisure experience. Through amazing detail, quality, storytelling, and technology, they transport our guests to a world where ancient spirits stir, nature glows and tropical cocktails clink.
With five UK venues – and more on the way –, bringing people together to make memories in joyful and surprising ways.
And now we’re on the lookout for an Interior Architectural Designer to join our Central Team.
It’s a great time to come aboard – there’s a growing buzz of excitement in our rainforest, and you’ll play a big part in helping us take our new site design to the next level.
About the role
Our Interior Architectural Designer will work closely with our Construction Project Manager to deliver outstanding designs for each of our new and existing Treetop Adventure Golf destinations and will be an integral part of our Central Support Team and wider company. You’ll join the company as it evolves from the ‘early growth’ to ‘scale up’ phase and work with our Property Team to develop, implement & successfully execute our current strategy, whilst maintaining our high standards.
Your role will include:
- Ensure our project designs accomplish our purpose, are guided by our values, and are inspired by and stay true to our Treetop story.
- Undertake test-to-fits for potential sites.
- Deliver technical mini golf hole and course layouts that are engaging and optimise guest flow. C
- Continue to develop our mini golf hole design library and play experience.
- Collaborate with our external design partners on the integration of our mini golf hole designs with their themed features and immersive show elements.
- Under the direction of the Construction Project Manager, collaborate with relevant internal team members and external designers to create (and evolve over time) our Treetop design guidelines. Support our Construction Project Manager in ensuring our designs, are compliant to relevant building regulations, codes of practice and technical requirements.
- Find the balance between excellence in our guest and team experience and budget, buildability and time Support design kick off and review meetings as well as presentations of designs for relevant internal approvals.
- Review drawings and designs from external design partners, such as Interior Designer (with our Construction Project Manager and relevant internal stakeholders) and collaborate and coordinate with designers on amends.
- Support the Construction Project Manager in the preparation of all drawings ready for the site construction phase.
- Identify and communicate opportunities for improvements (including cost efficiencies) within our designs.
- Support the appointment of external design consultants and build effective and supportive relationships.
- If being part of a small team within a growing business excites you AND if you have the following skills and experience, we would love to hear from you!
- 5+ years experience in an Architectural / Interior Design role.
- Demonstrable expertise delivering designs from inception to completion. An appreciation for design excellence and a pride in paying attention to the details.
- Familiarity with delivering designs in accordance with the RIBA Plan of Works, including Test-to-fits.
- Strong ability to prioritise, plan and manage time to meet the needs of projects.
- A pro-active and creative approach to continually driving best practice and ensuring compliance with planning and building regulations, landlord submissions and any applicable company procedures or policies.
- Management and control of design information including the creation of Tender documentation.
- Proven ability creating Design Standards / Guidelines.
- Excitement for our mission to spread wonder and give guests an amazing experience, every time.
- A commitment to help others succeed and the self-awareness and curiosity to listen to others to better understand.
Technical capabilities / experience:
- 5+ years AutoCad
- 5+ years 3D modelling
- Adobe Creative suite including Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign
- MS Office Commercially aware, you will be confident dealing with a wide range of people, possess excellent communication skills, a cool head and have the intelligence to initiate multiple projects.
- The role offers a rewarding career with an opportunity to join a company intent on providing a fulfilling and progressive environment to nurture talent and develop its individuals.
To Apply please forward a CV and current salary, package and notice period to Martin Cragg or call 0207 9709635 for more details.