Reports to: Building Surveyor
Line reports: None/Contractors
Location: Friends House, Euston, London – Travel required around London
Contract: 24 Months initially (with the possibility of extension)
Working Hours: Full-time (4 days considered for the right candidate)
As an Assistant Building Surveyor, you will be working under the supervision of the Building Surveyor to plan, manage, and deliver surveys, repairs, and periodic planned maintenance of all LQPT buildings safely on time and within budget.
You will provide high-quality customer service, advice and diagnostics when responding to emergency repairs, planned maintenance and improvement works to our stakeholders whilst keeping excellent records and ensuring the team is always up to date on all building works.
What skills, attributes and experience will I need as an Assistant Building Surveyor?
- Qualified building surveyor (RICS accredited degree is essential. RICS Associate level as a minimum).
- Minimum 2 years post-graduate professional experience as a qualified building surveyor
- Experience within the property/housing sector, dilapidations, and periodic maintenance.
- Good knowledge of industry standards including, legislation, compliance, health & and safety relating to the property industry and CDM regulations.
- Experience in managing multiple projects and work streams and ensuring all key deadlines are met.
- Track record of building excellent working relationships with team members and stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
- Practical experience with MS Office packages, particularly Excel.
What benefits will I get from working for London Quakers Property Trust?
- 25 holidays per year for full-time staff (plus bank holidays).
- Professional Career Development.
- Pension Scheme with 8% paid by LQPT.
- Discount at the Friends House Café.
- Small friendly team
- An opportunity to gain great professional experience and to influence how the property portfolio is managed and improved.
- Increased responsibility and ability to manage your projects for the right candidate.
- A wide variety of different projects and work streams to achieve a varied working life.
Application deadline is February 25th.
Interviews are to be held on March 6th in person (we will let you know if you have been shortlisted by 28 Feb at the latest)
To apply for this role, please click the 'apply' button and submit a cover letter (no more than one page) and a CV. In the cover letter tell us why you are interested in this job and what skills you bring to the post. CVs without a cover letter won’t be accepted.
All applicants should have the right to live and work in the UK.
The London Quakers Property Trust (LQPT) is a charity that has existed for over three hundred years. Our primary responsibility is to provide spaces for Quakers to worship in London. LQPT has an extensive property portfolio of 32 Quaker Meeting Houses (including 10 Grade II listed) across the city and a programme of planned periodic maintenance (cyclical or quinquennial surveys), repairs and improvement work. In addition, LQPT holds a small portfolio of residential properties and LQPT is responsible for maintaining these properties. We are a small team of four permanent staff members based at Friends House in Euston, London.
Quakers have a faith commitment to equality and encourage and welcome applications for posts from all sections of society. You do not have to be a Quaker to apply for this post, but we expect you to uphold the values of our organisation.
Note: This is a description of the job as it is presently constituted. It is the practice of LQPT to examine job descriptions from time to time and to update them to ensure they relate to the job as being performed, or to incorporate whatever changes are being proposed. This will be conducted in consultation with you. It is LQPT’s aim to reach an agreement on changes, but if an agreement is not possible, LQPT reserves the right to insist on changes to your job description, after consultation with you.